SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:03 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: New IQFeed plug-in
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:56 pm 

I have reported a problem with plugin and new iqfeed and been promised a fix soon. Meanwhile i reverted to 4.8.1.7 which works ok

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:59 pm 

edwardgonen wrote:
I have reported a problem with plugin and new iqfeed and been promised a fix soon. Meanwhile i reverted to 4.8.1.7 which works ok

Thanks. Hopefully, they will fix that. Unfortunately, 4.8.1.7 did not fix the issue in my case. It made it "better" from a perspective that the bar request simply returned 0 results. But the Provider Errors still shows the same error, and the root problem is still there.

Code such as this sometimes fails:
DateTime datetime2 = Clock.Now;
DateTime datetime1 = datetime2.AddDays(-10);
BarSeries my_bars = GetHistoricalBars("IQFeed", datetime1, datetime2, 60);

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Hi All,

This is an updated version of IQFeed plugin.
It works with the latest OQ - version 3.5.4
It supports the latest IQFeed Client, and also it is compatible with the previous version of utility.

Attachments:
OpenQuant.IQ.zip [14.07 KiB]
Downloaded 396 times

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:58 pm 

Thanks, will try to test it ASAP.

Is it somehow linked to the last SQ version or I can use it with the previous one? I will check this but just wanted to know.

Thanks
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

No, it is not specially linked to the latest version of OQ, but we supports the latest version only and we do not guarantee that it will work with the previous builds

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:20 pm 

Alexei Kurov wrote:
Hi All,

This is an updated version of IQFeed plugin.
It works with the latest OQ - version 3.5.4
It supports the latest IQFeed Client, and also it is compatible with the previous version of utility.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work 100%.

This new DLL fixes 1-minute bars:
Code:
my_bars = GetHistoricalBars("IQFeed", datetime1, datetime2, 60);

But it still often returns ZERO BARS for daily bars:
Code:
my_bars = GetHistoricalBars("IQFeed", datetime1, datetime2, 24 * 60 * 60);

Provider Errors dissapeared though.

Not sure if it's reated to the plugin or the fact that it's a holiday and IQ servers are not 100% working.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:23 am 

Hi,

I've installed the new plug-in on all our systems with the newest client from IQfeed.

So far no problems were encountered (we are using historical data only on IQFeed).

Thanks for the great work!

Ed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:18 pm 

Strange issue:

I want to move my strategy from Matlab to OpenQuant. IQfeed works fine with Matlab, and I subscribed NAS and NYSE stocks data.

When I trying to connect IQfeed with OpenQuant and view the tick data in Quote Monitor, strange thing happens:
I can only have AAPL's tick data, all the other stocks are zero. (My openquant is trial version)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 pm 

problem solved. It is because my tickers have spaces at the end. It won't influence the historical data retrieving, but will influence the stream data.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:12 pm 

Hi, a quick question about real time market data retrieved through this IQfeed plugin. I am in UK. I found the real time market data's time stamp is using local system time (GMT), but actually IQfeed stream's time stamp is exchange time (EST). Why don't it use exchange time for both? This type of mismatch will course lots of trouble because I now can't divide pre-market and market by time stamp.

Is there any setting to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

JC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 pm 

I know that this is a late advice but anyway... We have all our systems set to EST. this will solve the majority of the problems
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:18 pm 

edwardgonen wrote:
I know that this is a late advice but anyway... We have all our systems set to EST. this will solve the majority of the problems
Ed

Thanks for your kind advice, Ed. I found in the property of IQfeed, there is a 'offset' for historical data, which I can set to 5, as a temporary solution. But you are absolutely right, it is better to set to EST, as there is several day different for Summer Saving Time, etc.

My worry here is why the processing of historical trade data is different from processing of real time stream data. Is the real time stream data's timestamp being offset automatically, or it is simply recorded as local time? I think my worry is unnecessary. I just want to make sure it is exchange time.

Thank you for your kind help in advance.

Regards,

JC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:36 pm 

JC,

It is my pleasure if I could help. Unfortunately I'm not able to answer the "real-time" vs. historical question as we use IQfeed for historical data only.

Regarding EST - yes, this solves all the Summer/Winter confusion and more. We've moved to EST time several years ago and never regret that decision even once.

Anyway - I wish you every success in this.

Ed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 pm 

edwardgonen wrote:
JC,

It is my pleasure if I could help. Unfortunately I'm not able to answer the "real-time" vs. historical question as we use IQfeed for historical data only.

Regarding EST - yes, this solves all the Summer/Winter confusion and more. We've moved to EST time several years ago and never regret that decision even once.

Anyway - I wish you every success in this.

Ed

Thanks a lot, Ed. I think my worry over real time data is unnecessary. I will check manually the recorded live data against the stream I am receiving. Hope everything is ok.

Thank you very much for your brilliant advice again. I will never use GMT again when trading US staff.

Thanks, Wish you good luck as well!

Regards,

JC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:17 pm 

Hi

Inspite of having the "AutoReconnect" property set to true, IQFeed disconnects and never connects back automatically within OQ2014.
Also after this disconnection when I try to reconnect, OQ2014 crashes and all the data(Bars and trades) are erased. ( This is 100% reproducible )

Can you please suggest whats causing this ? and how quickly can this bug be fixed?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Maddy

Attachments:
File comment: Data Lost!
IQFeed_DataIssue.png
IQFeed_DataIssue.png [ 123.43 KiB | Viewed 7263 times ]
File comment: Doesnt reconnect!
IQFeed_ReconnectionIssue.png
IQFeed_ReconnectionIssue.png [ 913.3 KiB | Viewed 7263 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next