SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:46 pm 

Hi,

It's been a while since I read the forum because I wasn't coding in OQ and our FX strategy has been running live since mid-March.

First, to those who doubt they can develop, backtest and trade their strategies live with OQ, I would say it's not easy but with a lot of efforts and additional developments, it works.

Second, I'm glad you are unschackled from QuantHouse now and will focus on the evolution of OQ and related tools. It's going to be great!

Third, it seems that 2 new editions of OQ will be released (the current one being the Standard Edition I guess).
The Enterprise edition will have the ability to deploy strategies independently from OQ if I'm correct.
However, I don't really see what the Professional edition offers.
The news reads:
Quote:
use SmartQuant API within OpenQuant IDE to gain access to every functionality of the core SmartQuant Framework in your trading strategies.

That's what we already do... Did you mean that we will be able to use the framework OUTSIDE of OQ? For example, DataManager.GetHistoricalData() in external, independent applications?
Also, what's new with QuantBase and QuantRouter?

Last but not least, what price tags can we expect for these new editions as well as for QuantBase and QuantRouter?
I'm sure you'll consider an all-in packages (probably for those interested in trading on institutional FX ECNs).

Kind Regards,
PBJ