SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:23 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

Post subject: OpenQuant Announcement
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:37 pm 

Hello All,

You are welcome to download and play with OpenQuant (code name), a new retail product from SmartQuant.

http://www.smartquant.com/openquant.php

This product features several new concepts that should make it easy for retail traders to understand and use the platform to develop and autotrade rather complex strategies.

The product can operate in one of three modes : simulation, paper trading and live trading. A user can set market data and execution providers for each mode (Tools->Options->Configurations->Modes) and then simply use a combo box in the main menu to switch between modes. There is a pre-defined portfolio for each mode (Simulation, Paper, Live).

The product features plain and simple strategy development API (OpenQuant.API, OpenQuant.API.Indicators namespaces) wrapped around SmartQuant framework (Help->API References).

Otherwise I think it should be easy for QuantDeveloper users to understand what's going on there.

Regards,
Anton

Last edited by Dr. Anton Fokin on Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:08 pm 

OpenQuant is updated to version 1.0.8 - bug fixes, new features, better look and feel and so on.

Please register and download this update from www.smartquant.com/openquant.php

Regards,
Anton

Last edited by Dr. Anton Fokin on Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: PDF broken?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:44 pm 

I downloaded OpenQuant, looks impressive. Unfortunately the help PDF doesn't open. (Acrobat reports corupted file).

Where can I find a readable PDF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:40 pm 

Hi Rene,

it's simply not there yet but will be soon. You can look through existing SmartQuant documentation meanwhile

Introduction to SmartQuant System Architecture
Introduction to SmartQuant Strategy Development
QuantDeveloper Documentation

at www.smartquant.com/doc.php

Regards,
Anton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 pm 

Finally the OpenQuant Getting Started Guide is here. You are welcome to download the latest OpenQuant update (don't forget to remove all remenants manually after you uninstall previous version) or download the pdf file from this page www.smartquant.com/openquant.php

Thenk to Kevin for nice work!

Regards,
Anton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:26 pm 

The Strategy Development Guide is also in place, thanks again to Kevin!

You can find it on the documentation page or inside updated OpenQuant installation.

Visual Basic.NET support, optimization and other features were added in the latest OpenQuant update.

Regards,
Anton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:26 pm 

Have a look at WealthLab now exclusived by Fidelity.

I don't like the UI, programing language etc so I'm looking around. I might offer that a very inexpensive tactic would be to open a Fidelity account with a small amount of mad money, trade enough to get Wealthlab free and there's tools that site between WealthLab and break out the trading events and can direct to IB or anywhere. IE TradeBolt etc.

But, WealthLab is old and the UI is odd and the language are the negatives, but the price and power are excellent. You also save on the data feed because it comes with real time and historical data from Fidelity.

In the mean time I'm moving to IB and have my Fidelity accounts so I'm looking for a better user interface / strategy language platform.

I think the internet'o-effect is reflected in what's happened with TradeStation's pricing, maybe the hard realities of competition will affect this product too.

I've added checking back into these conversations periodically looking for my next (final) trade strategy platform. [ambibroker etc].

tnx Curt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:05 pm 

OpenQuant version 1.0.23 is released. We suggest you upgrade to this version since it will automatically notify you about new OpenQuant updates.

Regards,
Anton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:51 pm 

when I go to dowloads I am asked to reregister. We have to do this?

So I assume we have to download and re-install from scratch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:34 pm 

Oli,

we send you a download link when you register. You can use the same link to download OpenQuant upgardes. So if you have a mail with the link, you don't need to re-register.

Regards,
Anton

Post subject: OpenQuant
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:01 am 

Hi,
Finally, i downloaded OpenQuant and i found impressive. But i found one mistake in this the help PDF doesn't open. Solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: OpenQuant
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:14 am 

hank_freid wrote:
Hi,
Finally, i downloaded OpenQuant and i found impressive. But i found one mistake in this the help PDF doesn't open. Solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

I think you need to be a bit more specific.
Help->Getting Started->A PDF opens
Help->Strategy Development->A PDF opens
Help->Api References->Windows helpfile opens
Help->About->About box opens

That's what happens to me, and I think that's about what you can expect.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:24 am 

hank_freid is a SPAM BOT not a real question... their script copies and rearranges text from the thread to make it appear like a real post, but really its just to game the google pagerank by creating more backlinks. The account should be disabled...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:00 pm 

krn_2k wrote:
hank_freid is a SPAM BOT not a real question... their script copies and rearranges text from the thread to make it appear like a real post, but really its just to game the google pagerank by creating more backlinks. The account should be disabled...

Wow, that was new to me.
I did note his sig, but didn't connect.
Well, I learned something new today :)
Quite a clever program, I'd like to see the logic behind that posting. :)