SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:59 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 am 

Dear Team,

I am using Interactive brokers, however, IB can not trade metal futures in LME.
I find that TT announces that they can access LME, so do I need to buy a TT's software or servie to trade futures in LME via OQ?

Thanks,

Gang

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 am 

Hi,

you don't need to purchase any additional software from TT if you broker offers TT FIX connectivity. By the way, we have just passed official TT FIX conformance test with the latest TT FIX Adapter.

Alternatively, you can use TT API, which is also supported in OpenQuant, but in this case you would need to subscribe for TT X_Trader Pro, which is quite costly (1400 USD per month or so). Though again, you should check with your broker, which might have a different subscription plan and balance software costs with commission fees or so.

Though as I said I think TT FIX is the best way to go if you want to trade with OpenQuant and TT without paying extra for TT software.

Regards,
Anton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:13 am 

Thanks a lot, by the way, do you know which broker could provide TT FIX connection while also have access to LME?
Actually, My goal is to trade LME using OpenQuant.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:26 am 

I guess any broker which supports TT FIX should provide access to LME since LME connectivity is on TT side, not on the broker side. Usually you can start with checking velocityfutures.com and then search for other brokers if this one doesn't work for you. There are many brokers out there which work through TT.

Regards,
Anton