SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:07 pm 

Hi Alex and Anton, it's been a long time since I posted here, but it's nice to be starting strategy development again.

My current (simple?) problem is not being able to connect OQ v3.7.1 to DC 3.1.0 on my Win10 desktop. As you know, I've been able to connect the same OQ to DC before, even remotely from desktop to AWS DC server through firewalls, etc. So I apologize for not being able to get them to connect to each other on my local desktop (which should be simple in comparison). But they won't connect.

I think I have the ports set up correctly (both the default 3008), and I have verified that DC is listening on 3008 (with netstat). I also searched the forums here for an answer, but couldn't find anything on connecting OQ to DC. So I'm posting here to leave a track record in case someone else (like me!) ever has the problem again.

Here is the relevant info

DataCenter v3.1.0 and OpenQuant 3.7.1 x64 are
- both running on my desktop (Win10x64).
- both configured to use port 3008, with unsecured channel
- "Netstat -a" shows DC is listening on port 3008.
But OQ will not connect to DC.
Here is the OQ provider error, saying it can't find the DC service on port 3008.

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

Server stack trace:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at SmartQuant.QuantBaseLib.IQuantBase.OpenConnection(LogonInfo logon)
at SmartQuant.QB.QuantBase.Connect()

Images of the OQ and DC port properties follow.
Attachment:
File comment: OQ provider properties (Quantbase for historical data)
aa.jpg
aa.jpg [ 50.33 KiB | Viewed 919 times ]

And the DC properties:
Attachment:
File comment: DataCenter properties
ab.jpg
ab.jpg [ 43.8 KiB | Viewed 919 times ]

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thank you.
(PS, both programs seem to run fine on Win10, even after all these years. Great software!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:47 am 

I eventually figured out that I was using the old DataCenter instead of the newer QuantBase.

Once I used QuantBase (v2.2.1), the two programs connected fine and I was once again able to pull data from QB to OpenQuant.

I must say again how impressed I am with this software suite. It does a really nice job of making it easy to pull instruments and data from QB into OpenQuant.