SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:44 pm

All times are UTC + 3 hours

Post subject: Charts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:51 am 

I have found some limitations using the API with strategy charts and I'm looking for ways to overcome them:

Are there any API methods to adjust the charts?
(beyond series color: i.e. bar style: (candle, bar, line), foregound / background color, add notes, chart title, labels, spike removal, x-y axis limits, chart window size and position, show/hide charts etc. )

When running strategies with multiple bar series, the series with the shortest bar length becomes the default bar series and the strategy always draws green candles. I can not figure out how to change the color or style using the API.

Secondary series and indicators can only be drawn as lines. I would like the secondary series to draw as candles or bars, not lines. I would then like the shorter timeframe bars to appear within the longer bars. For example, display minute and tick bars simultaneously. Ticks would be drawn inside the minute bars, tick volumes inside minute volume, and the width of the minute bar would scale to fit the ticks.

Trade or Quote series charts will not draw unless there is at least one bar series in the strategy. Why must there always be a bar series to draw a chart with the API?

I'd like to be able to Draw(Trades) or Draw(Quotes), but this would cause a type mismatch. I have to create new series and add to them in the OnTrade() or OnQuote() events or I can use the tick bar type. I cannot figure out how to use the provided Trades and Quotes series for charting. The tick bar type works fine for trades, but I'd like to see something that makes charting trades and quotes simultaneously using the API a little easier.