SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:46 pm

All times are UTC + 3 hours

Post subject: Crashing...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:40 am 

:( sadly, i am experiencing a lock, freeze (crash of OQ) when i let it run with MB trading as a marketdata provider, 1 intrsument, Quote and 2 seconds Bar + the simulator for the execution.

There is no crash exception displayed on screen so i cannot report, just after a while, OQ locks and the window is not refreshed anymore...then i had to kill it from the task manager.

I suspect the MB module to be the reason but cannot be sure since i am getting weird behaviours (like i cannot disconnect from MB when i right click on the provider and click disconnect, sometimes login will hang etc...).

Sorry that i cannot give more details to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:49 am 

i am trying to figure out if i do not have a logic problem in my strategy that would explain the "lock", Will the OnQuote event be fired at every event without waiting the end of the previous event to return from the function or are the events buffered and not called until the previous function is finished ? In simply words, must the event code be re-entrant ? I am using Buy( Qtry,"") and it seems to be fired many time when coded into the OnQuote event...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:49 am 

Ok :D , i found out, my problem was into the logic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:36 am 

However, i still have hang time to time, pressing a right click on the task bar seems to restart the application..weird....and if i remove the display of the chart, it does work perfectly, so sounds to be related with the chart display somehow but why :roll: ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:06 pm 

Hi,

since OpenQuant gives you full access to all .NET system functions and also executes your code within IDE environment / process, it's pretty easy to kill or hang entire application. Perhaps Exit(0); is the best way to do this ;)

So that you should be very careful with your code. On the other hand it might be possible that GUI hangs in some situations since the interaction between your strategy code and GUI is ratrher complex (it runs in diffenet threads, etc.). This should be patched and fixed.

Thus I suggest that you send us a simplified code smaple that we can run to reproduce your problem.

Regards,
Anton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:14 pm 

I PM you the code that i am using, if you have a chance let me know if you can find something ;)