SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:04 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:53 am 

I created a new project which contains some abstract class (strategy base class and various extension method). I want to use this project as a reference in all the new strategies that I work on going forward. I make sure all the references I imported set to Copy to Local = FALSE.

Problem is that I can successfully add reference in VS2015 and compile/run in VS2015 but when I turn back in OQ IDE, after I click run, it got stuck at "building MYPROJECT". Looks like something not compiling when moving in OQ IDE.

FYI, I target my solution/projects to .Net 4.5.1 and AnyCPU.

Wonder if anyone has this issue before?

Regards,

//////
Update:

It appears that my custom project isn't the only problem, I removed it and leaving the original classes that are Backtest.cs and MyStrategy.cs and they will not build in OQ IDE either. I used the same version of OQ from another computer to create these solution and recently moved to a new machine. Not sure about why they just wont build in OQ IDE but ok to run in Visual Studio.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:26 am 

Hello f5trading11c,
there should not be a problems with references, try this basic solution:
Attachment:
ReferencesTest.zip [132.59 KiB]
Downloaded 179 times

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:19 pm 

I fount that the problem lies in .OQ.suo files. if I include .OQ.suo files, they will build the project in OQ IDE just fine.
However, generally version control should not include .suo files because this is more user specific file.

I think what I need to do is always create Solution files using OQ IDE, and then add existing Projects to the solution. And only version control the Projects instead of the entire solution.

Regards,
Happy Trading